Submission deadline date: Monday, October 17, 2016
All proposals must be submitted online by 4:00pm on the deadline date.
Email one complete PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Incomplete applications or those received after the deadline will not be considered.
Application forms must include:
- Title Page, including name of principal investigator, mentor (if applicable), and title of the project.
- NIH biosketch
- Detailed budget with justification for expenditures as outlined for each particular award. Modular budget where appropriate.
- Font: NIH style Arial 11, typeface, a black font color, and a font size of 11 points. (A symbol font may be used to insert Greek letters or special characters; the font size requirement still applies.)
- One inch margins (top, bottom, left, and right) for all pages. Header should have the PI name and all pages should be numbered sequentially No other information should appear in the margins.
- No Appendix with data or figures allowed
Types of Expeditures Not-Allowed
- Principal Investigator salary support, Secretarial/Administrative personnel
- Office equipment and supplies; office and laboratory furniture
- Publication costs, including reprints
- Registration fees for scientific meetings
- Purchasing of binding of periodicals and books
- Dues and membership fees in scientific societies
- Travel Expenses
- Patient Incentives
Grant Review Process
The primary objectives of the OHSE awards are to promote research and to facilitate collaborations between physicians and scientists. Consistent with these objectives, the review process of the proposals will be collaborative among physicians and scientists from various sections within the Surgery Department. It is mandatory to attend the Department Research Conferences to be considered for funding.
- Scientific merit/clinical feasibility for completion in one year.
- Potential for developing into an externally funded project.
- Developmental merit for the individual and the Department research objectives and unmet needs.
- Reviews of proposals will be conducted using an NIH style scoring and will have at least 2 reviewers not from the same section as the applicant.
NOTE: Medical Students or personnel with staff titles are not eligible.